Teacher on Call - FTE
Fraser Valley School is a non-denominational independent school in Surrey, BC. Our aim is to provide students with a challenging academic education, emphasizing critical and compassionate thinking and a life-long love of learning. FVS is a small school with a vibrant community—we seek candidates that value the professional and appropriate connections with students and their families and understand that every child matters.
Fraser Valley School is looking for a teacher on-call to support our program. Grade level is undetermined.
Start Date: September 1, 2021
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work alongside others to deliver daily teacher plans to our students.
- Inspire, engage, motive, and challenge our learners.
- Maintain a caring classroom environment with positive relationships at the core
- Supervise students at recess and/or lunch breaks
- Participate in the arrive and dismissal of our students
- Additional duties and responsibilities as directed by the Head of School
- A Bachelor Degree in any field
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate is considered an asset
- Experience teaching in an elementary setting, ideally in an independent IB PYP school
- Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- First Aid Certificate is ideal
- Strong classroom management skills
- Effective communication skills
- A self-starter, someone who sees a need, and strives for solutions
This on-call position is open to candidates in the local BC area of Abbotsford to New Westminster. Only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Compensation is set at a daily rate of $250.