The following position is open for applications:
Location: Whistler Area
Hours: 8 hours per day, 12 months per year
Rate of Pay: $30.04 per hour
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Transportation & Grounds Manager and with the general direction of the Director of Facilities & Services, supervises and safely transports students to and from schools and/or on extra curricular bus runs as directed while operating a school bus and maintains safe, clean and presentable playing fields, lawns, School District property, playground equipment and fences.
· Completion of Grade 11 and over six (6) months up to and including one (1) year’s related driving and groundskeeping experience.
· Valid Class 2 BC Driver’s License with air endorsement.
· Pesticide Applicator’s Certificate.
· Working knowledge of automatic sprinkler systems.
· Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials information Systems (WHMIS) and Worksafe BC (WSBC) safety procedures.
Please note that prospective employees new to School District No. 48 (Sea to Sky) must agree to undergo a criminal records check, as failure to do so will be grounds for refusing employment.
Applications should be submitted through the Make a Future at https://www.makeafuture.ca/regions-districts/bc-public-school-districts/metro/sea-to-sky/
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who have been given consideration for an interview will be contacted.
School District No.48 (Sea to Sky) prioritizes those candidates who self-identify as Indigenous, LGBTQIA2S+, a member of a visible minority and/or a person with a disability for all positions within the School District.