A Part-Time Art Teacher is required by Christian Life School (Peace River North) for the 2023-2024 school term.
Christian Life School (CLS) is an accredited independent school with a diverse student body consisting of an average of 120 students ranging from Kindergarten through Junior High. Our staff focus is on motivating and supporting the students to reach their full potential and step outside of their comfort zones to achieve new milestones and academic achievements.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Valid BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate (or eligible for)
· Agreement with our doctrinal statement, purpose and philosophies pertaining to our Christian faith-based school and policies.
· Flexibility to adjust to other course assignments as dictated by course demands (minimum requirements of a minor in a teachable subject at the secondary level as recognized by the BC Ministry of Education)
· Experience with adapting and modifying curriculum to meet the needs of students
· Classroom management skills and strategies that maintain both an effective learning environment and for student dignity
· Willingness to work and implement school initiatives and goals into classroom
· Ability to work as part of a team to develop and implement individualized learning plans for students with academic, social, emotional learning difficulties
· Willingness to work in a collaborative model with staff on the school improvement plan and with professional development
· Three (3) references
· Verification of qualifications (BC Teacher Certificate)
· Statement of Faith