The District welcomes qualified applicants who value equity and diversity as essential to excellence. The distinct makeup of the VSB community strives to support the inclusion of all voices. You may wish to share some lived experiences that demonstrate your connections to our diverse student community.These positions are 1.0 continuing contracts (full-time guaranteed work with benefits). Teachers are typically placed in long term temporary placements covering medical or maternity leaves. Occasionally, they are placed in a continuing contract or could be required to work day to day in different schools. The position is different than our On-Call Technical Studies posting as teachers are required to work every day. Once hired, teachers can apply to any internal continuing postings during the year.
Due to the confidentiality of the interview process and the high volume of applications , we do not provide feedback, notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application.
We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Register on Make a Future: http://www.makeafuture.ca/ and create a profile under the Category "Teachers, Principals & Superintendents"
2. Click on Job Postings then click Search
3. Select the Job you would like to apply for
4. Answer the job posting questions then click Apply
5. Upload supporting documents to the Competition
6. Once you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email from Make a Future
** The VSB has been given approval from the Human Rights Tribunal for a Special Program under s. 42(3) of the Human Rights Code. Under this special program, the VSB seeks to preferentially hire Aboriginal persons to a variety of teaching positions. Therefore, each applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information whether they identify as an Aboriginal person.**