HOME ECONOMICS TEACHER
Middle and Secondary School
Central Okanagan Public Schools No 23 invites applications from dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators for full and part time temporary contracts, and Teacher Teaching on Call positions in Middle/Secondary Schools. Applicants must be prepared to assume other teaching responsibilities in the core and/or elective areas commensurate with qualifications, experience and interests.
Applicants must :
- have training and/or experience as a Home Economics teacher;
- possess a British Columbia Professional Teaching Certificate.
Applicants must also :
- be willing to work in a collaborative/team environment to implement BC's Education Plan and the Redesigned Curriculum;
- be prepared to participate in the implementation of the school level Collaborative Model of Support and work to develop the District Attributes for the 21stCentury in all students – Learner, Thinker, Innovator, Collaborator, and Contributor;
- be prepared to use technology (e.g.: computers, Smartboards, digital portfolios, document cameras, voice-mail, email, websites, MyEdBC) for planning, attendance monitoring, communication, classroom instruction and reporting purposes.
Preference will be given to those applicants who :
- have a Bachelor of Home Economics, Diploma of Home Ec. or equivalent;
- two years of successful classroom teaching experience;
- have Food Safe Certification and proficiency with sewing and food equipment;
- have training/experience in the use of Quality Assessment practices (e.g.: differentiated instruction, criterion-referenced grading, Assessment For, As and Of Learning);
- have a strong background in middle school philosophy, core values and educational practices;
- have a strong interest in innovation and inquiry;
- have experience in differentiating and providing inclusive learning opportunities that reflect the unique needs and interests of all students;
- have Aboriginal ancestry (as per Special Program with the BC Human Rights Tribunal).
The starting annual salary for this teaching position ranges from $57,972 to $106,217, with placement on the range based on length of service and qualifications in accordance with the collective agreement.
Please contact Leanne Zorn at Leanne.Zorn@sd23.bc.ca to inform her of your updated application.