School District #8 (Kootenay Lake) has a vacancy for a 1.0 FTE Term Grade 1/2 Classroom Teacher at Erickson Elementary in Creston.
The successful candidate should have knowledge and experience with early literacy acquisition. The awarded applicant will have recently demonstrated successful teaching in a elementary school settings, and have experience or education in Early Literacy and numeracy.
The awarded applicant will be innovative, creative, and demonstrate understanding of the BC Curriculum and the district directions. They will be a person who is continually striving to improve pedagogy in a changing educational environment.
• Bachelor of Education
• A valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher
• Recent experience or education in Early Literacy teaching
• Recently demonstrated excellent classroom management skills,
organization and communication skills
Teachers applying for this position must possess the following attributes:
• Willingness to work closely with parents of both special needs students
and the greater student population.
• Excellent classroom management and student behaviour management
• Knowledge of current instructional practices and curriculum.
• Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
• Proficiency and current use of technologies to enhance and personalize
• Knowledge of current pedagogy on teaching in an elementary classroom.
• Good organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to be flexible.
For more information on this position – please contact the Principal, Brian Hamm, at firstname.lastname@example.org
School District 8 supports equity hiring for Indigenous applicants.