Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
FULL-TIME POSITION (35 hours/week)
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator is responsible for the preparation, calculation, reconciliation and completion of full-cycle payroll and benefits administration. They engage with employees, district staff, and external agencies regarding payroll and benefit related matters. They must be well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy, able to meet demanding and multiple deadlines and ensure a high level of confidentiality on payroll and benefits related information and performs clerical duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes, calculates, codes, reconciles, and transmits employee payrolls from time cards, web interface, WCB wage-loss payments, and other source materials in accordance with established wage rates, salaries, allowances, benefits and deductions within required contractual and statutory deadlines and in compliance with legislation, collective agreement, and employment contract language.
- Reviews and processes staffing notifications and where applicable updates current employment status, rates of pay, and hours of work. Maintains and analyses employee records by entering data, updating files and auditing a variety of materials for accuracy and completeness; generates a variety of reports.
- Coordinates the enrolment, maintenance, and termination of benefits with providers. Corresponds with employees and third party administrators on benefit related matters. Provides benefits carriers with requirement payroll documentation to substantiate STD, LTD, and Employment Insurance claim.
- Corresponds and liaises with Human Resources, district employees and outside agencies regarding a variety of payroll matters such as: benefits, vacation entitlements, pensions, sick leave allotments and other allowances, separation documents, and employee notifications.
- Ensures contract and collective agreement entitlements and benefit coverage are accurately recorded and maintained. When necessary, corresponds with staff to address recouping of overpayments.
- Completion of Payroll Compliance Practitioner program with the Canadian Payroll Association plus courses in: business computer application and, financial accounting, plus a minimum of five years related work experience or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Maintenance of professional designation of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) as per the Canadian Payroll Association.
- Extensive knowledge of full cycle payroll practices and procedures.
This position offers a competitive salary ($33.81 per hour; effective July 1, 2023 $36.10 per hour) and a benefit package. Please send resume and cover letter in ONE pdf document to:
Burnaby School District
4054 Norfolk Street
Burnaby, B.C. V5G 0C3
Only those applicants considered for interview will be contacted.
The Burnaby School District embraces diversity as a privilege and a strength. We strive for accepting, safe, supportive, and inviting communities where the goal is for all members to feel a sense of belonging. Our (schools or worksites) are for everyone and we respect each person’s contributions.