TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION TEACHER
The Central Okanagan School District No. 23 (Kelowna, B.C.) is looking for dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators for Full and Part-Time temporary contracts, and Teacher Teaching on Call positions in technology/industrial education. Applicants must also be prepared to assume other teaching responsibilities in the core and/or elective areas commensurate with qualifications, experience and interests.
Applicants must :
- have training and/or experience as a technology/industrial education teacher;
- obtain a British Columbia Professional Teaching Certificate;
- be willing to work in a collaborative/team environment to implement BC's Education Plan and the Redesigned Curriculum;
- be prepared to participate in the implementation of the school level Collaborative Model of Support and work to develop the School District Attributes for the 21stCentury in all students – Learner, Thinker, Innovator, Collaborator, and Contributor;
- be prepared to use technology (e.g.: computers, Smartboards, digital portfolios, voice‑mail, e-mail, web sites, MyEd BC) for planning, attendance monitoring, communication, classroom instruction and reporting purposes;
- be prepared to work positively towards the fulfillment of the School and District goals;
Preference will be given to those applicants who :
- have Red Seal Endorsement in a related technology/industrial education trade;
- have two years of successful classroom teaching experience in technology/industrial education;
- have experience in differentiating and providing inclusive learning opportunities that reflect the unique needs and interests of all students;
- have training/experience in the use of Quality Assessment practices (e.g.: differentiated instruction, criterion-referenced grading, Assessment For, As and Of Learning);
- have a strong interest in innovation and inquiry;
- have Aboriginal ancestry (as per Special Program with the BC Human Rights Tribunal)
Please complete an on-line application and include a cover letter, resume, undergraduate degree and Bachelor of Education degree along with corresponding transcripts, BC teaching certificate, TQS card, practicum or evaluation reports and letters of reference.
Please contact Leanne Zorn at Leanne.email@example.com to inform her of your updated application.