We are looking for casual staff in both Nelson and Creston. This position reports to the Manager of Information Technology. Knowledge of cloud computing including google workspace and Microsoft Office 365 would be considered an asset.
1. Possess a valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s License.
2. Completion of a two (2) year post-secondary technical diploma or certification in a recognized computer/electronics program or equivalent combination of training and experience working in the information technology field.
3. Significant experience in diverse technology operations such as:
· servers, including current server operating systems
· network design and components
· a variety of technology devices, including operating systems (e.g. tablets, netbooks, workstations, smartphones, among others)
· a variety of electronic/network devices and systems (e.g. telephones, clocks, bells, video, sound, security cameras, bus radios & GPS systems, etc.)
4. Administer security measures on hardware, software and network communications equipment.
5. Working knowledge of the computer programs currently used in the District. Ability to direct users in applications.
6. Provide technology support services, both for new and existing users.
7. Ability to be part of a team, maintaining a professional attitude and confidentiality in working relationships with all school personnel, students, parents, contractors, suppliers and the public.
8. Must have understanding and knowledge of safe work practices.
9. Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
Further information concerning this position can be obtained by contacting: Director of Information Technology - Nick Muzzio at email@example.com
School District 8 supports equity hiring for Indigenous applicants.
*If you are experiencing any technical issues with your application process to contact Make A Future's customer service line as HR cannot upload or assist with these types of issues. We also cannot accept documents via email such as cover letters/resumes/transcripts/teaching reports via email as they do need to be part of the employee's Make a Future profile.