POSTED May 24, 2023
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2023 at 1:00 pm
COMPETITION # 2023-22
Full-time (1.0 FTE) position
Rockridge Secondary School
Effective September 5, 2023 until June 30, 2023
Required Qualifications and Experience
A full time position (1.0 FTE) teaching is available teaching Junior Math until the return
of teacher The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
● Solid understanding of the Ministry of Education Core Competencies, Big Ideas,
and Learning Standards for Math;
● Ability to incorporate First People’s Principles of Learning into lesson planning
and course content;
● Ability to evaluate and report on student progress using Ministry of Education
proficiency scales and IB MYP assessment standards and practices;
● A willingness to work collaboratively with the IB MYP Coordinator and other
classroom teachers to authentically develop IB MYP units of study;
● A commitment to and demonstrated experience using and integrating technology
into the curriculum;
● An ability to use a variety of teaching and learning strategies that can
accommodate the learning needs of all types of learners;
● A proven ability to develop a positive learning environment in the classroom and
evidence of strong organization and classroom management skills;
● Strong communication skills;
● Hold a valid BC Teaching Certificate.
Why West Vancouver Schools?
West Vancouver Schools, the premier place for learning, has a long-held reputation for excellence and innovation. Our motto endorses our vision that we aspire to provide the finest educational experience in the country – for our children, our employees, our community and our world. We support this vision in the work we do, and the drive to be the first and best is clear, both inside and outside the organization.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.