All awarded applicants will be required to join the CUPE Local 748 Union.
Note: A Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check will be required from successful applicants, with a review every five (5) years.
The incumbent does skilled work in the trade in which the Board requires the employee to be certified. A BC Certificate of Apprenticeship in the electrical trade, an FSR Level B certification and a valid BC Class 5 Driver's license are required.
1. Possess valid BC certificate of Apprenticeship and certificate of qualification as required by the British Columbia Apprenticeship Act or equivalent formal qualification acceptable to the Province of British Columbia.
2. Possess a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License.
3. Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently.
4. Thorough knowledge of trade, materials and methods.
5. Ability to read and interpret plans, drawings, specifications and instructions.
6. Ability to estimate costs and have knowledge of appropriate materials.
7. Ability to make good independent judgement decisions.
8. Ability to give direction to others.
9. Must have understanding and knowledge of safe work practices.
10. Good understanding of code requirements in that given field.
11. Good understanding of requirements or regulations in their geographic area.
12. Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
Further information regarding this posting may be obtained by contacting the Director of Operations, Chris Kerr at firstname.lastname@example.org
School District 8 supports equity hiring for Indigenous applicants.
*If you are experiencing any technical issues with your application process to contact Make A Future's customer service line as HR cannot upload or assist with these types of issues. We also cannot accept documents via email such as cover letters/resumes/transcripts/teaching reports via email as they do need to be part of the employee's Make a Future profile.