VANCOUVER ISLAND WEST SCHOOL DISTRICT 84
BC CERTIFIED TEACHERS TEACHING ON CALL
Residing in the traditional territory of the Nuu-chah-nulth First Nations, SD84 delivers public education in the First Nations communities of Kyuquot, Oclucje, Ehatis, and Tsaxana, as well as the rural communities of Zeballos, Tahsis and Gold River.
Vancouver Island West School District 84 has openings on the 2023-2024 Teachers Teaching On Call list for qualified applicants who are resident or willing to travel to any or all of Gold River, Tahsis, Zeballos, and Kyuquot. Short-term housing is available at a reasonable cost.
Note : School District 84 engages in preferential hiring of self-identified First Nations applicants in all positions in accordance with section 42 (Special Programs) of BC’s Human Rights Code.
School District 84 expects our educators will demonstrate the following:
- A Belief that Every Child Can Learn;
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: The ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner;
- Organization and Planning: The ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment;
- Classroom Management: The ability to create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behaviour and classroom dynamics;
- Facilitation and Engagement: The ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning;
- Assessment and Coaching: The ability to utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies;
- Collaboration and Teamwork: The ability to collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives;
- Caring and Inclusiveness: The ability to create and maintain a caring, inclusive and supportive environment for all students;
- Flexibility and Adaptability: The ability to demonstrate flexibility, to adjust and to adapt to changing circumstances.
Essential Qualifications :
- Valid BC Certification with the TCB with qualifications and experience at the elementary and/or the secondary level, preferably in a multi-grade classroom.
Please apply by clicking the "Apply" button on the right-hand side of this page. For assistance with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.