Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to 22,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. We invite applications for the position of:
Applications are invited from dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators for contracts.
· have a Master’s Degree in school/educational psychology or a related field with a focus on school psychology;
· be qualified to administer and interpret up to and including Level C educational, psychological, and behavioural tests;
· have training in psychometric theory and principles;
· have current knowledge of Ministry of Education, Special Education policies and procedures;
· have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· have demonstrated ability in consulting with teachers, parents, students and community agencies regarding the nature of students’ strengths and needs, their educational implications and ways to enhance learning and interpersonal relations;
· have demonstrated ability in collaborating with school-based and/or district personnel to gather classroom-based data, design or implement instructional strategies, and design and implement behaviour management interventions;
· have demonstrated leadership and ability in working with School Based Teams, multi-disciplinary teams and community care teams;
· have demonstrated ability to assist in the development of IEPs for referred students; and
· be eligible for membership in B.C.A.S.P. or the College of Psychologists.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have:
· demonstrated ability in forming excellent working relationships with a variety of colleagues;
· experience and demonstrated skill in designing and presenting in-service in the area of special education and, specifically in the area of assessment;
· assessment and counselling experience with elementary, middle and secondary students;
· training or willing to be trained in the Programs that focus on positive decision making, conflict resolution, anger management strategies, and collaborative problem solving;
· experience working collaboratively in classrooms with teachers to develop classroom-based behaviour and management plans for students with behavioural concerns;
· experience providing liaison with external agencies, school and home for children in need of social, emotional and behavioural support.
Please contact Leanne Zorn at Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org to inform her of your completed application.
Please email Randy.Horne@sd23.bc.ca for more information about the role and responsibilities.