Reporting to the District Principal of Early Learning, the Strong Start Facilitator facilitates the planning and implementation of a parent interactive early learning Centre for pre-K children and their parents/caregivers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 graduation and completion of Early Childhood Education Diploma, supplemented by additional training in a related field (e.g.: social recreation; community development; etc.)
- Possession of a valid Community Care Facilities Branch license to practice and a valid Emergency First Aid/CPR certificate.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience training adults to support the early learning of their children and experience supporting the development of children and families through child-centered developmental training.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with diverse ethnic populations.
- Knowledge of community resources for families with children under five (5) years old.
- Ability to communicate effectively using tact, discretion, and diplomacy in contacts of a difficult or specialized nature.
- Ability to determine, judge and select appropriate course of action within limits of established methods and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
Rate of pay: $28.39 per hour.
Please include the following documents in your application:
Note that we accept electronic applications only. We are unable to respond to follow-up phone calls or emails.
Successful applicant will be subject to a criminal records check.
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.