French Immersion Teachers Teaching On Call ( FRIMM TTOCs)
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools (NLPS), together with families and communities, enable all students to become lifelong learners and productive caring citizens by providing inclusive, challenging, and engaging educational opportunities through continuous improvements of instruction and supports for learning.
The employee carries out educational tasks such as establishing learning standards in relation to the curricular competencies and content for French Immersion students from BC’s Curriculum, identifying educational needs, developing educational programs or activities, providing interventions and supports for learners to succeed, and creating a learning environment that supports diversity, equity and inclusivity, modelling the Professional Standards for BC Educators.
- Prepare instruction of French Immersion courses for presentation to students as outlined in the BC Curriculum
- Teach students using a multi-media instructional approach to systematic plan of lessons, discussions, and experiences in and out of the classroom.
- Lead students in activities to promote their social and emotional learning
- Assess students according to NLPS assessment and reporting guidelines as well as Ministry reporting standards.
- Communicate student learning in on ongoing, timely and responsive manner according to NLPS assessment and reporting guidelines
- Identify diverse needs within the classroom and provide differentiated instruction according to NLPS Inclusion Policy
- Support and participate in inquiry-based learning
- Support the implementation of school plans/goals
- Support the implementation and supports that follow District-wide assessments
- May be required to provide instructional supervision to Practicum Students, Education Assistants or Responsible Adults
Salary Range : Annual $59,060 - $106,404
Your Experience, Education and Skills
- Professional Certification through the BC Teacher Regulation Branch
- A Bachelor's Degree in Education or equivalent
- Academic level fluency in oral and written French
- Qualification in specific subject area(s) for the secondary level normally defined as 12 UBC Units, 2nd year or greater
- Successful classroom teacher experience and/or pre-service experience in a K-12 School setting
- Demonstrated understanding and incorporation of Indigenous teachings and learnings into lessons and activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the BC Curriculum model and a concept/competency-driven curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feels, and capabilities of others
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize for effective instruction differentiation, and assessment
- Demonstrated ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation, and enthusiasm for both the context and process of learning
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning
Work, Live & Play in Nanaimo!
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools employs more than 2,200 professionals, all committed to the education of our nearly 15,000 students. All members of our staff are integral to our excellent education system and our positive workplaces, supporting our district goals of:
- Continuous improvement of instruction and assessment
- Safe, caring and healthy learning and working environment that is inclusive of the diversity of our entire learning community
- To be a leader in environment stewardship and sustainability
- Truth and reconciliation
Nanaimo is centrally located on the east coast of Vancouver Island. We boast the best climate in Canada and are surrounded by some of the must beautiful wilderness in the word to enjoy excellent year-round recreational and cultural amenities. As a hub city, we have ready access to all of Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands, and Lower Mainland of British Columbia. Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our website at www.sd68.bc.ca
How to apply:
Applications should include a cover letter, a detailed personal résumé, proof of certification with the B.C. Teacher Regulation Branch, all transcripts, contact information for three references, and any other relevant supporting documentation.
To submit your application to the job posting please click the “APPLY” button.
Please note: Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. This posting will remain open, and we will be shortlisting and interviewing as staffing needs permit.
If you have questions or require assistance with this application process, please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1 866 806 6851 or email@example.com