EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
There is a position available for an Early Childhood Educator at Robert Ogilvie Elementary. Applications must be completed online and will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The Early Childhood Educator reports to the District Principal Early Learning & Child Care and the site Administrative Officer(s), and works collaboratively with the district/school early learning team. This position is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and facilitation of developmentally appropriate education programs Strong Start, Strong Start Outreach, and Preschool for infants/toddlers and/or preschool age children in a safe and nurturing group setting.
Hours of work: (7.5) hrs per day, five (5) days per week
Duties to Commence: As soon as possible after closing
Work Year Base: Ten (10) months per year
Commencing Salary: $25.48-$29.77 - Based on certification
- Provide a welcoming and interactive environment for preschool children ages 0-5 in one of the following settings:
- StrongStart - with parents/caregivers
- StrongStart Outreach - with parents/caregivers using a shared space
- Other applicable programs
- Plan, implement and offer developmentally appropriate open-ended activities and experiences that meet the goals of the Early Learning Framework
- Ensures the safety of each child and provides high quality care at all times, adhering to licensing requirements.
- Plan and coordinate opportunities for families to connect with community services and schools.
- Communicate information of various aspects of child development and early learning with parents/caregivers.
- Assists with daily cleaning, disinfecting, general housekeeping and regular environmental safety checks of equipment.
- Maintain program equipment (toys and learning resources).
- Promote, publicize, market and advertise SD60 Early Learning programs.
- StrongStart - Plan, purchase, prepare and serve healthy and nutritious snacks and an ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
- Performs other job related duties as directed by the District Principal Early Learning & Child Care or the site Administrative Officer(s).
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalency
- Experience working with children 0-5 (Minimum 4 months experience)
- ECE Diploma/current Early Childhood Educator Assistant Certificate to practice in progress
- Must meet all qualifications as identified by Provincial Childcare Regulations
- Current Emergency Childcare First Aid ticket
- Current Food Safe Level 1
- Knowledge of North Peace agencies serving preschool children and families
- Experience with computers and a variety of computer programs
- Must have working knowledge or experience in MyEdBC, Desktop Publishing, Wordpress etc.
- StrongStart Outreach: Valid class 5 driver's license/personal vehicle/willingness to work in a variety of shared spaces
- Ability to work independently and set priorities
- WHMIS Certificate and other online safety training provided by the District to be completed within the probationary period
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to be an integral part of a team
- Must be able to pass a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Search conducted by the District prior to starting employment
Please Note: Proof of graduation and or highest level of education is required prior to starting work
For more information please contact:
Tracey Lariviere, District Principal Early Learning & Child Care (250)262-6076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be made through Make A Future website for consideration for the position. If you require assistance with the online application process please contact Colleen Stewart at 250-262-6008 or email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.