Description of Assignment
1.0 Full Time Continuing. Effective September 1st, 2023.
The School Psychologist position includes opportunities to work both individually and in collaboration with School Based Teams and/or district personnel. The School Psychologist plays a supportive role in the identification, assessment, planning, reporting and evaluation process. Services are district-based and are designed to support students, school personnel and parents in enhancing academic, adaptive and social skills for students.
Special Qualifications Required
- A Master’s degree in school/educational psychology or a related field with a focus on school psychology
- Certified/eligible for certifcation with BC Association of School Psychologists and/or Registration with the College of Psychologists
- Teaching certification with the BC Teacher Regulation Branch
- Proven experience in the education system with current knowledge of instruction and assessment practices
- Qualified to administer and interpret up to and including Level C educational, psychological, and behavioural tests
Local Area Information and Application Details
School District No. 27 operates in the Cariboo-Chilcotin of BC. Residents enjoy 4 distinct seasons with plentiful outdoor activities. Williams Lake offers full amenities including a recreation complex which offers various athletic and arts programming.
For information related to Student Support Services, please visit Student Support Services (sd27.bc.ca). A relocation allowance may be offered to the successful applicant.
School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin) is an equal opportunity employer.