Central Okanagan Public Schools (SchoolDistrictNo.23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to 23,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. We invite applications for the position of:
Middle and Secondary Sciences / Mathematics
Applications are invited from dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators for full and part-time temporary contracts, and teacher teaching on call positions. Applicants must also be prepared to assume other teaching responsibilities in the core and/or elective areas commensurate with qualifications, experience and interests.
- possess a British Columbia Professional Teaching Certificate;
- have training and/or experience teaching Math and Science;
Applicants must also:
- be prepared to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment while guiding students to grow their core competencies as they explore BC's redesigned curriculum;
- be prepared to work to develop the School District Attributes for the 21st Century in all students – Learner, Thinker, Innovator, Collaborator, and Contributor;
- be prepared to use technology (e.g.: computers, SmartBoards, voicemail, e-mail, web sites, MyEd BC) for planning, attendance monitoring, communication, classroom instruction and reporting purposes.
- have experience in differentiating and providing inclusive learning opportunities that reflect the unique needs and interests of all students;
- have training/experience in the use of Quality Assessment practices (e.g., differentiated instruction, criterion-referenced grading, Assessment For, As, and Of Learning);
- have a strong interest in innovation and inquiry.
Preference will be given to those applicants who :
- have two years of successful classroom teaching experience;
- have experience at putting students at the center of their own learning with inquiry-based and place conscious approaches;
- have experience in facilitating student growth by creating clear learning targets, co-constructing success criteria with students, and providing opportunities for students to self-assess as they reflect on where they are with their learning and what they need to do to progress towards their goals.
Please complete an on-line application and include a cover letter, resume, along with additional supporting documents (as listed on the District website) www.sd23.bc.ca.
Please contact Leanne Zorn at Leanne.Zorn@sd23.bc.ca to inform her of your completed application.