CUSTODIAN - CASUAL
There are positions available for Casual Custodians wth School District No 60. Applications must be completed online and will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the positions are filled.
Reporting to the Manager of Custodial Services in cooperation with the site Administrative Officer(s), and overseen by the Head Custodian, this position is responsible for the custodial and minor building maintenance work in the cleaning of School District facilities.
Hours of work: As needed
Duties to Commence: As soon as possible after closing on an as needed basis
Work Year Base: Eleven (11) months per year
Commencing Salary : $24.22/hr.
- Cleans and disinfects building interior, fixtures and windows. This includes garbage removal, sweeping, vacuuming and wet mopping floors. Also performs some related cleaning duties to the exterior of the buildings and landings.
- Responsible to secure doors and windows in their area.
- Performs minor maintenance on doors, windows, lamps, school furniture and other fixtures.
- Overseen by the Head Custodian and under the general direction of the site Administrative Officer(s)/Supervisor, organizes the regular work day according to daily priorities. Must accommodate evening user groups.
- Assists with seasonal clean ups which include stripping, scrubbing and waxing floors and washing walls, desks, furniture, etc.
- Maintains and ensures tools and equipment are in good working order.
- Follows proper safety rules and standards by ensuring the worksite is safe and secure, that equipment and vehicles are operated according to set standards.
- Ensures the safe handling of hazardous materials (WHMIS) and the safe use and operation of equipment and hand tools.
- Assumes the role of Head Custodian if needed.
- Informs the Supervisor(s) and or site Administrative Officer(s) of vandalized equipment or property.
- Performs other job related duties as directed by the site Administrative Officer(s)/Supervisor and Head Custodian.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Grade 10 or equivalency
- Minimum 1 year of commercial cleaning or school cleaning experience is preferred
- Ability to operate large, self-propelled auto scrubber and window cleaning equipment
- Valid Class 5 driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle may be required
- Reading comprehension of written instructions and safety bulletins
- Ability to work with the public
- Must be well organized
- Ability to work independently and set priorities
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to be an integral part of a team
- WHMIS Certificate and other online safety training provided by the District to be completed within the probationary period
- Other applicable safety training and/or certification as provided by the District to be completed as needed
- Must be able to pass a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Search conducted by the District prior to staring employment
PLEASE NOTE: Proof of graduation and/or highest level of education is required prior to starting position
For more information please contact:
Sabrina Bourdon, Supervisor of Custodial, Safety and Procurement (250)785-1577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be made through Make A Future website for consideration for the position. If you require assistance with the online application process please contact Colleen Stewart at 250-262-6008 or email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.