August 21, 2023
HUMAN RESOURCES ~ POSTING BULLETIN
TEACHING POSITIONS AVAILABLE
23-102 Temporary part-time and/or full-time Learning Support teaching positions may be available at the Elementary, Middle, or Secondary school levels may be available for all or portion of the 2023/2024 school year.
Please note there is a possibility that part time positions may be combined with other part time positions.
School District 72 (Campbell River) is located on the east coast of central Vancouver Island, extending north to Sayward and south to Oyster River. The District also includes the outer islands of Read, Cortes, and Quadra. The District serves over 5,500 students in 18 schools.
Campbell River is a scenic, oceanfront community framed by extensive waterfront, west coast forests and snow-capped mountains. The area is renowned for its natural beauty and recreational opportunities such as skiing, kayaking, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, golf, and endless opportunities to experience nature.
School District 72 operates on the territories of the Laichwiltach, Klahoose and K’omoks First Nations and we honour these relationships. We also respect and value the relationships with the Homalco First Nations, all other First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples who reside in these territories.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Relevant university qualifications;
- A comprehensive understanding of current educational practices outlined in the BC Ministry of Education documents;
- Committed to the craft of teaching, best practices, and standards of professional practice;
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, communicative, and problem-solving skills;
- Flexible, adaptive, and nimble; and,
- A commitment to professional development and growth.
The successful candidate for this position must have:
- A Diploma or Degree in Special Education, with coursework in the following areas:Reading Disabilities, Math Remediation, Exceptional Children, Behavior Interventions, and Assessment and Evaluation with training to use Level B assessment tools;
- At least two years of successful classroom teaching experience at the appropriate level;
- Extensive knowledge and practice in modification and adaptation strategies for various levels of student performance and in designing remediation techniques for students with learning difficulties;
- Demonstrated skills in time management and record keeping; interpersonal, verbal, and written communication; conflict resolution; and collaboration;
- Demonstrated philosophy that supports inclusion for students with special needs;
- Demonstrated ability to advocate for students with special needs and students with different learning styles;
- Ability to collaboratively develop, implement, and evaluate an IEP in consultation with classroom teachers, parents, students, district personnel and community professionals;
- An understanding of computer technology, especially as it relates to students with special needs;
- Demonstrated leadership in working as a team member with students, staff, educational assistants, and parents;
- An understanding of assessment for learning and the ability to demonstrate its applications in designing differentiated instructional strategies for use in classrooms and other learning situations;
- Ability to demonstrate how current practices align with SD72 learning beliefs.
All SD72 teachers will have a demonstrated understanding and commitment to teaching practice that embodies:
- an inquiry-based and collaborative approach to the delivery of the BC Curriculum;
- Social/Emotional Learning and an in-depth knowledge of the BC Mental Health Framework;
- the incorporation of the First Nations Principles of Learning;
- diversity, inclusion, and equity;
- support for the growth and development of individual learners through differentiated learning techniques; and,
- the ability to work collaboratively with fellow teachers to plan, develop, and implement an extraordinary learning experience for each individual student.
The Campbell River School District proudly developed a Strategic Plan for 2019-2023 that prioritized the following:
- Improve Student Achievement
- Build a culture of learning and wellness
- Honour Indigenous world views and perspectives
The following commitments are essential to all positions within the Campbell River School District :
- Commitment and adherence to workplace policies, procedures & practices;
- Commitment to standards of conduct, including behaving in a manner that is: respectful, professional, team-oriented, collegial, collaborative, ethical, honest, and trustworthy; and,
- Commitment to understand and implement the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- The opportunity to grow your career in a small district.
- Subsidized recreation incentives.
- Progressive leadership team.
- Positive collegial culture with a great sense of community.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
- Cover Letter Stating Posting Number
- Make a Future Online Application
- Teacher Evaluations or Practicum Reports
- References, including most recent Supervisor(s)
- Updated Resume
- Copy of Degree
- Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate
- TQS Category Card
* References must have knowledge of the applicant’s professional abilities; and, preferably have supervised their work.
**Placement on salary scale is subject to verification of experience and certification and will be done in accordance with the current Collective Agreement.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through Make a Future
In the event of challenges with the Make a Future website, candidates may contact Make a Future directly for assistance at 1-877-900-5627 or 1-866-806-6851 .
Applications will be accepted until the vacancies are filled.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, starting
3 p.m. (PST) on Monday, August 28, 2023
Please address cover letter to:
Nadine Duret-Sauer, Human Resources Officer
All candidates are thanked for their applications; however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.