Description of Assignment
1.0 Full Time Continuing. Effective September 1st, 2023.
The Speech Language Pathologist will:
- provide itinerant speech & language services to several public schools
- provide consultation, direct service, and home programs where appropriate for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12 (with emphasis on the primary grades)
- complete speech & language screening and assessments using standardized as well as informal measures
- design and implement intervention strategies for students with communication disorders. This will include supporting students across a wide spectrum of needs, including those with learning disabilities, autism, and other developmental disabilities.
Some students may require various forms of augmentative communication.
- participate in school-based team meetings
- provide direction for and work with EA's working in the speech and language program
- provide information about communication development and disorders to teachers, parents and others in the school setting and in the community
Special Qualifications Required
Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from a recognized institution
eligible for certificaiton with speech and Audiology Canada (SAC) and membership with Speech and
valid BC Drivers Licence and your own vehicle. Access to a School District vehicle is
provided for longer distances
previous experience working in a school setting would be considered an asset
previous experience working with First Nations students and families would be considered an asset
demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
Criminal Record Check is required for employment with any BC School District
Active registrant of the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHBC)
Local Area Information and Application Details
School District No. 27 operates in the Cariboo-Chilcotin of BC. Residents enjoy 4 distinct seasons with plentiful outdoor activities. Williams Lake offers full amenities including a recreation complex which offers various athletic and arts programming.
For information related to Student Support Services, please visit Student Support Services (sd27.bc.ca). A relocation allowance may be offered to the successful applicant.
School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin) is an equal opportunity employer.