School District No. 64 (Gulf Islands) invites applications for a Continuing, Twelve-Month, Forty (40) hour per week position of Mechanic, Transportation Coordinator for Salt Spring Island. Gulf Islands School District is located in the Salish Sea (Strait of Georgia) and is home to five island communities – Salt Spring, Pender, Galiano, Mayne and Saturna. The bus fleet consists of six 72-passenger buses on Salt Spring Island and one each on Galiano, Mayne and Pender Islands. The successful candidate will become a member of CUPE 788 and recieve a competitive benefits package. The pay rate for this position is $37.68 per hour.
Applications should be accompanied by evidence of:
- }BC or Interprovincial Trade Ticket in Auto Mechanics
- }Driver’s abstract
- }Class II license, or equivalent, including air brake endorsement
- }Certification as a Vehicle Inspector
- }Three years’ experience as a journeyperson mechanic
For a detailed list of duties and qualifications, please refer to the job description found at: https://sd64.bc.ca/cupe-job-descriptions/
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible; however, the competition will remain open until successful candidates are found or until otherwise advised on our website.
Please include with application:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names of three professional references including their addresses, phone numbers and email addresses
- Other documents related to this application
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered.
Thank you to all who apply; however, only those individuals chosen for an interview will be notified.