POSTING NO. CYES 23/24-01 (repost 2)
CAYOOSH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1.0 FTE Continuing Teacher Counsellor / Teacher Librarian
Effective 05 September 2023
Cayoosh Elementary School enrols approximately 165 students in kindergarten through grade 7, of which 62% are of Indigenous ancestry. Cayoosh Elementary is located in the District of Lillooet which lies on the unceded and traditional territory of the St’át’imc First Peoples. The school’s Action Plan for Learning guides the work of the school.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful applicant must have or be eligible for membership in the Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch, and possess:
- Master of Counselling Degree, Psychological Counselling Degree, courses in Counselling at the Master’s level or equivalent
- Successful experience supporting students with social emotional challenges.
- Successful experience integrating trauma informed practice into their work.
- Successful experience supporting learners demonstrating vulnerabilities.
- Successful experience supporting students one on one, in a small group and in the classroom.
- Demonstrated experience using restorative practices.
- Successful experience integrating local Indigenous culture and traditions into learning opportunities, or
- Familiarity with and understanding of local Indigenous culture and commitment to integrate it into learning.
- The ability to use a variety of teaching and learning strategies that can accommodate the learning needs of all learners.
- The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, parents, and the greater community.
- Successful experience establishing professional boundaries.
- Current, valid driver’s license and willingness and ability to drive as required.
- Knowledge of Ministry of Education’s redesigned curriculum and core competencies.
- Evidence of appropriate qualifications and experience in teaching at the elementary level.
- A proven ability with assessment as and for learning strategies.
- Successful experience integrating experiential and/or inquiry learning opportunities into the curriculum.
- A proven ability to develop a positive learning environment in the classroom and evidence of strong organization and classroom management skills.
- A commitment to and successful experience working collaboratively in a team setting.
- A commitment to and demonstrated experience using and integrating technology into the curriculum.
FOR information regarding further s pecifics of the position:
Please contact the Principal, Tammy Mountain at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the Application for Employment – Teaching Staff, form available on the school district website, www.sd74.bc.ca. Evidence must be given of your ability to fulfill the requirements and qualifications of the position by providing a cover letter, an up-to-date resume giving references, employment and education history, transcripts and current TRB membership. Clearly indicate the posting number and title of the position to which you are applying. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Community Futures Sun Country will provide each new teacher with a $10,000 welcome to the area award (not applicable to current teachers)
- Up to $7.5K Relocation Allowance
Applications will be accepted by the undersigned until 4:00 p.m., 5 June 2023:
Director of Human Resources
School District No. 74 (Gold Trail), PO Box 250, Ashcroft, BC V0K 1A0
The Gold Trail School District has received approval from British Columbia’s Office of the Human Rights Commissioner allowing preferential hiring to persons of Indigenous ancestry. The District may give preference in hiring to persons of Indigenous ancestry who possess the necessary qualifications over other applicants until such time as the percentage of staff of Indigenous ancestry in the School District tis equal to the percentage of students of Indigenous ancestry in the School District.