New Westminster Schools Career Opportunity
CASUAL CLERICAL SUPPORT
- Receives and directs people coming to the school or office
- Takes and relays messages; provides general information and assistance to parents, students, the public and district staff by telephone or in person
- Maintains and files a variety of material such as records, lists, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Opens, sorts and distributes the mail
- Duplicates, collates and distributes materials and forms
- Operates and maintains office equipment
- Performs duties with tact and discretion in a confidential manner
- May include recording attendance
- May be required in smaller schools to assist in the classroom to support general student learning
- May involve student supervision
- May involve library clerk duties
- May involve knowledge of First Aid
- Performs other assigned related duties which are within the area of knowledge and skills required by this job description
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- Minimum of one to two years recent experience in a clerical position
- Basic knowledge of office procedures
- Basic knowledge and skills in using office equipment such as a computer, typewriter, calculator, photocopier, paper shredder, etc.
- Minimum of 50 wpm accurate keyboarding speed
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff, students, parents and members of the community
- Ability to work in a team/school setting and to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize a wide range of duties effectively and efficiently, and to work accurately under pressure at a high level of quality with constant interruptions
- Secretary range $26.50 - $28.52 per hour
Hours of Work:
- Casual shifts range from 4 to 7 hours per day, Monday - Friday, while schools are in session
To apply for this position, click on the APPLY ONLINE button at the bottom of the page. Please include your resume, including copies of certificates or diplomas and references.
About New Westminster Schools
Serving the community of New Westminster, the New Westminster School District provides high quality educational programs to over 7,000 students in a variety of learning environments. New Westminster is in the center of Metro Vancouver between the larger communities of Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey, and Richmond. Despite its location the city is relatively small and has retained a strong sense of history and community. The total population is approximately 82,000 and expected to grow to 104,000 by 2041. District schools are in general, fully subscribed, and a steady increase in student enrolment is expected over the next ten years.
New Westminster School District has a rich tapestry of cultures, backgrounds and needs. Together, we are a caring, inclusive, and committed learning community dedicated to supporting each of our unique learners.
Note: Faxed resumes will not be accepted. Successful applicants will be required to consent to a Criminal Records Search prior to employment. New Westminster Schools values the time you have taken to submit your application; however, only those applicants selected to move forward will be contacted. To all others, thank you for your interest.
The New Westminster School District recognizes and acknowledges the Qayqayt First Nation, as well as all Coast Salish peoples, on whose traditional and unceded territories we live, we learn, we play and we do our work.
New Westminster Schools welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email to email@example.com.