Description of Assignment
Secwépemc Language and Culture
0.27 FTE Part Time Continuing.
Special Qualifications Required
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Professional Teaching Certificate. Applicants who hold (or are eligible to hold) a Secwépemc Language Certificate may also be considered.
- Oral and written fluency in Secwépemc Language
- Be current with traditional activities and culture
- Have successful experience working in a classroom
- Be able to produce, use lesson plans and overviews and organize resources for class
- Be able to assess, evaluate and give feedback to students and parents on their work; this will include report cards
- Expected to work with a school team to further students' educational goals
- Expected to continue learning by attending language/culture courses and workshops and other professional development activities
Local Area Information and Application Details
School District No. 27 operates in the Cariboo-Chilcotin of BC. Residents enjoy 4 distinct seasons with plentiful outdoor activities. Dog Creek is approximately 120 KM from Williams Lake where full amenities are available. For general information related to our school district, please visit www.sd27.bc.ca. For general information related to the school, please visit Dog Creek (sd27.bc.ca).
Relocation allowance may be offered to the successful applicant.
School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin) is an equal opportunity employer.