The incumbent does skilled work in the trade in which the Board requires the employee to be certified. A BC Certificate of Apprenticeship, an Inter-provincial Trade Qualification as a Heavy Duty mechanic with mixed fleet, a valid Class 2 Driver's License (minimum) with an air endorsement and a Commercial Vehicle Inspectors License are required. This position is due to a transfer.
Awarded applicant will be required to join the CUPE Local 748 Union.
Note: A Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check will be required from successful applicants, with a review every five (5) years.
1. Possess valid BC certificate of Apprenticeship and certificate of qualification as required by the British Columbia Apprenticeship Act or equivalent formal qualification acceptable to the Province of British Columbia.
2. Possess a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License.
3. Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently.
4. Thorough knowledge of trade, materials and methods.
5. Ability to read and interpret plans, drawings, specifications and instructions.
6. Ability to estimate costs and have knowledge of appropriate materials.
7. Ability to make good independent judgement decisions.
8. Ability to give direction to others.
9. Must have understanding and knowledge of safe work practices.
10. Good understanding of code requirements in that given field.
11. Good understanding of requirements or regulations in their geographic area.
12. Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
Further information concerning this position can be obtained by contacting the Manager of Operations, Lisa Phillips at 250-354-4871 or email: email@example.com