The Catholic Independent Schools of Nelson Diocese (CISND), hosts six elementary schools and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified staff who are dedicated to educating students in the Roman Catholic tradition.
CISND is now accepting applications for:
Substitute Education Assistants for the following schools:
St. Joseph's Elementary, Kelowna, BC
Immaculata Regional High School, Kelowna, BC
Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary, West Kelowna, BC
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Commitment to Catholic Education
- Identification with and participation in the life of a Catholic parish (preferred)
- Training specific to the role (Education Assistant)
- Successful Education Assistant experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- Ability to work well with children, colleagues, and administration
- First Aid Training Certificate.
In order to be considered for any position with CISND, the application must be complete. If you are not able to provide the documentation provide a reason in your cover letter. Do not submit reference letters.
The following is to be included in your application:
- Cover letter
- Resume include list of special certificates, licenses, honours and awards (related to position).
- Post Secondary Transcripts (related to the position).
- Evaluation report from employer/practicum supervisor.
- CISND Pastoral Reference form
- Catholic applicants must provide:
- Certificate of Catholic baptism, or RCIA Certificate.
- Certificate of Catholic marriage, if applicable.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit the following:
- Photocopy of Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Passport (documentation to indicate you are legally entitled to work in Canada).
- Social Insurance Number
- Photocopy of Driver's License