July 31, 2023
HUMAN RESOURCES ~ POSTING BULLETIN
TEACHING POSITION AVAILABLE
23-097 Teacher Teaching-on-Call (TTOC) Opportunities (Regular & French Immersion)
Join our team! School District 72 (Campbell River) is currently accepting applications for Teachers Teaching-on-Call (TTOC), including French Immersion for the 2023/2024 school year.
School District 72 (Campbell River) is located on the east coast of central Vancouver Island, extending north to Sayward and south to Oyster River. The District also includes the outer islands of Read, Cortes, and Quadra. The District serves over 5,500 students in 18 schools.
Campbell River is a scenic, oceanfront community framed by extensive waterfront, west coast forests and snow-capped mountains. The area is renowned for its natural beauty and recreational opportunities such as skiing, kayaking, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, golf, and endless opportunities to experience nature.
School District 72 operates on the territories of the Laichwiltach, Klahoose and K’omoks First Nations and we honour these relationships. We also respect and value the relationships with the Homalco First Nations, all other First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples who reside in these territories.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Relevant university qualifications;
- A comprehensive understanding of current educational practices outlined in the BC Ministry of Education documents;
- Committed to the craft of teaching, best practices, and standards of professional practice;
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, communicative, and problem-solving skills;
- Flexible, adaptive, and nimble; and,
- A commitment to professional development and growth.
All SD72 teachers will have a demonstrated understanding and commitment to teaching practice that embodies:
- an inquiry-based and collaborative approach to the delivery of the BC Curriculum;
- Social/Emotional Learning and an in-depth knowledge of the BC Mental Health Framework;
- the incorporation of the First Nations Principles of Learning;
- diversity, inclusion, and equity;
- support for the growth and development of individual learners through differentiated learning techniques; and,
- the ability to work collaboratively with fellow teachers to plan, develop, and implement an extraordinary learning experience for each individual student.
The Campbell River School District proudly developed a Strategic Plan for 2019-2023 that prioritized the following:
- Improve Student Achievement
- Build a culture of learning and wellness
- Honour Indigenous world views and perspectives
The following commitments are essential to all positions within the Campbell River School District :
- Commitment and adherence to workplace policies, procedures & practices;
- Commitment to standards of conduct, including behaving in a manner that is: respectful, professional, team-oriented, collegial, collaborative, ethical, honest, and trustworthy; and,
- Commitment to understand and implement the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US:
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- The opportunity to grow your career in a small district.
- Subsidized recreation incentives.
- Progressive leadership team.
- Positive collegial culture with a great sense of community.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
- Cover Letter Stating Posting Number
- Make a Future Online Application
- Teacher Evaluations or Practicum Reports
- References, including most recent Supervisor(s)
- Updated Resume
- Copy of Degree
- Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate
- TQS Category Card
* References must have knowledge of the applicant’s professional abilities; and, preferably have supervised their work.
**Placement on salary scale is subject to verification of experience and certification and will be done in accordance with the current Collective Agreement.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through Make a Future
In the event of challenges with the Make a Future website, candidates may contact Make a Future directly for assistance at 1-877-900-5627 or 1-866-806-6851 .
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until
3 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, April 30, 2024
Please address cover letter to:
Nadine Duret-Sauer, Human Resources Officer
All candidates are thanked for their applications; however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.