New Westminster Schools Career Opportunity
- Reports to the Manager of Maintenance
- Maintains in a clean, safe and sanitary condition those furnishings, fixtures and structures within assigned areas according to established standards and procedures
- Performs daily, monthly and holiday cleaning duties
- Performs duties such as sweeping, vacuuming, scrubbing, waxing, cleaning furniture, cleaning windows, cleaning light fixtures, cleaning bathrooms, washing paintwork, moving furniture and equipment, shoveling snow, replacing light bulbs, ordering supplies and routine repair using ordinary hand tools
- Responsible for the care of tools, equipment and materials used and leaving the work site in a safe condition
- Ensures building is in a secure condition and alarm systems are in operation during and after school hours as required
- Other related duties as required
- Grade 12 graduation preferred
- Building Service Worker Certification
- Minimum 6 months experience preferred
- Physical aptitude and ability appropriate to the position
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff, students and the community
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to arrange and prioritize an effective work schedule under a minimum of direct supervision
- $24.15 per hour
- Casual shifts range from 4 to 8 hours per day
- Short term assignments may also be available
- Casual employment may lead to a regular position in the district
Hours of Work:
- Typically 3pm to 11pm, Monday to Friday
- Saturday & Sunday shifts may also be available
To apply for this position, click on the APPLY ONLINE button at the bottom of the page. Please include your resume, including copies of certificates or diplomas and references.
Note: Faxed resumes will not be accepted. The successful applicant will be required to consent to a Criminal Records Search prior to employment. New Westminster Schools values the time you have taken to submit your application; however, only those applicants selected to move forward will be contacted. To all others, thank you for your interest.
The New Westminster School District recognizes and acknowledges the Qayqayt First Nation, as well as all Coast Salish peoples, on whose traditional and unceded territories we live, we learn, we play and we do our work.
New Westminster Schools welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email to email@example.com.