DISTRICT INTERMEDIATE ITINERANT COUNSELOR
1.0 Continuing full-time Itinerant Counsellor – Intermediate, beginning September 1, 2023.
- Bachelor of Education
- Master’s degree in counselling preferred or working towards completion.
- Experience teaching elementary children.
- Valid B.C. Teaching Certificate and familiarity with B.C. curriculum.
- Outstanding interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and ability to facilitate individual and group counselling.
- Experience and willingness to work as part of the Social Emotional Learning Team and/or school-based administration in creating, implementing, and supporting District Initiatives around the needs of students, families, staff, and community.
- Proven demonstration of ongoing learning and growth in emerging topics such as social-emotional wellness, trauma-informed practice and compassionate care.
- Experience and commitment to working with School-Based Teams and families, including after-hours meetings.
- Proven commitment and experience in supporting complex students and families.
- Proven commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and working collaboratively to support Indigenous students and families.
- Experience in collaborating with other agencies and partners.
- Proven ability and commitment to establishing and maintai ning positive relationships with students, staff, parents, and community.
School District 58 is working to ensure an inclusive, diverse and representative workforce. Successful candidates will recognize that consistent with the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP), the BC Human Rights Code and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, employment practices and procedures at all levels must reflect and demonstrate an understanding of, and response to, a diverse population.
Interested applicants should go to our district website at www.sd58.bc.ca, which provides guidance on how to apply for teaching jobs in our district. Applications must be received prior to 4:00 p.m., August 16, 2023.
Teachers interested in further information regarding this position should contact, Ms. Misty Sheldon at 250-378-5161 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org