Langley School District #35 is seeking applicants for the position of Tradesperson - Locksmith , for a full time, temporary position. This assignment will work 40 hours/week, with an end date of August 31, 2023 (possibility of extension). The rate of pay is $35.24/hour, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Reports to the Locksmith Foreman and is responsible for the security function in and around all school district buildings with regards to locks, keys and door hardware. Assists with carpentry duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Installs, maintains and repairs door locks, hardware and electronic wheelchair access. Opens and repairs jammed filing cabinets and lock ups.
- Cuts, issues and maintains records of issued keys.
- Maintains a database of locks and locations, using school plans, and shop drawings.
- Assists with carpentry work as required, as pertaining to locks and hardware, repairs and installations. Operates tools and equipment of the trade.
- Respond to emergency situations as required. Inspects (daily) and operates a service vehicle.
- Performs other assigned comparable duties which are within the scope of knowledge, skills and abilities required by this class specification.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Apprenticeship and/or Trades Qualification Certificate - Locksmith, preferably combined with a Carpentry Trades Qualification and/or two years carpentry experience.
- Two year's related locksmith experience in an industrial/commercial setting.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the standards, practices, regulations, methods, tools and equipment of the trade, including all applicable Building, Fire and Life Safety Codes.
- Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy and tact in the explanation and exchange of information.
- Ability to determine, judge and select appropriate course of action within limits of established methods and procedures.
- Valid B.C. Driver's License.
- Skill in use of tools of the trade.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work sketches.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Physical ability to perform the required duties.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Resume, Cover letter, and three professional references
- Apprenticeship and/or Trades Qualification Certificate
- Valid BC Driver's license and driver's abstract
We appreciate all interest in this position, however, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
This position is subject to a Criminal Records check.