POSTED May 24, 2023
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2023 at 1:00 pm
COMPETITION # 2023-24
ACADEMY SOCCER/BASKETBALL TEACHER
Part-time (0.25 FTE) Term position
Sentinel Secondary School
Effective September 5, 2023 until June 30, 2024
Required Qualifications and Experience
We have a part time position available to teach Grades 8-12 students in two different Academies: Soccer Academy (all genders) & Basketball Academy (female Regional Training Center).
The successful applicant for this position will demonstrate the following:
- Experience teaching both soccer and basketball theory in the classroom
- Teaching both soccer and basketball development to students with varied levels of ability
- Basketball candidates must be certified at the NCCP Train to Train level or NCCP Level 2
- Soccer candidates must be certified at the Canada Soccer C Diploma License or NCCP Level 2
- In both sports, must have played at a high performance or post-secondary level
- Experience in player evaluation and assessment in both sports
- Knowledge and understanding of the Long-term Athlete Development specifically as it relates to basketball and soccer
- Experience teaching the importance of lifelong physical health and mental well-being
- Ability to help students make the connection between physical and mental health and the importance of positive interpersonal relationships
- Experience creating and maintain relationships with partner organizations such as Basketball BC and BC Soccer
- Current first aid certification and CPR training
- Excellent communication skills working with students, staff and parent
- Hold a valid teaching certificate and be a member in good standing with the Teachers’ Regulation Branch
- Availability in the afternoons Monday through Fridays.
Why West Vancouver Schools?
West Vancouver Schools, the premier place for learning, has a long-held reputation for excellence and innovation. Our motto endorses our vision that we aspire to provide the finest educational experience in the country – for our children, our employees, our community and our world. We support this vision in the work we do, and the drive to be the first and best is clear, both inside and outside the organization.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.