POSTED May 24, 2023
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2023 at 1:00 pm
COMPETITION # 2023-23
Irwin Park Elementary School
Part-time (0.4 FTE) term position
Effective September 5, 2023 until June 30, 2024
Required Qualifications and Experience
Successful applicants for this position will demonstrate the following:
- Recent successful teaching experience at the primary level
- Current knowledge of play-based and place-based learning
- A clear understanding of the characteristics of early primary students and the ability to develop a positive learning environment addressing the intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs of this age group
- An understanding of the intellectual, physical and emotional needs of primary aged students
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintaining a well-managed positive and productive classroom environment
- Strong communication skills and experience in using various tools and strategies to maintain a home school connection and provide opportunities to classroom parent community to support classroom goals and topics of study at home
- Demonstrated ability to meet the needs of a diverse group of learners, including ELL and students with special and behavioural needs
- Ability to carry out a variety of formative and summative assessments to guide classroom instruction
- Knowledge and proven experience in the integration of technology into teaching and learning
- Ability to work collegially, cooperatively and effectively with colleagues and parents
Why West Vancouver Schools?
West Vancouver Schools, the premier place for learning, has a long-held reputation for excellence and innovation. Our motto endorses our vision that we aspire to provide the finest educational experience in the country – for our children, our employees, our community and our world. We support this vision in the work we do, and the drive to be the first and best is clear, both inside and outside the organization.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.