Elementary Teacher: Grade 7
Bella Bella is a progressive Indigenous community located on the Central BC Coast in the heart of the Great Bear Rainforest. If you are an enthusiastic teacher with a love for the outdoors and relevant university training to teach Gr 7 commencing September 2023. please apply! You will engage with staff, parents and the community at large in a collaborative effort to enhance student success at Bella Bella Community School.
- A commitment and demonstrated ability to nurture a school culture that is inclusive of and focused on the learning needs of diverse learners.
- Knowledge and sensitivity of BC First Nations
- Knowledge and awareness of initiatives and promising practices with regard to Indigenous education.
- Current knowledge of research driven instructional and assessment strategies especially for intermediate grades.
- Excellent classroom management and classroom organizational skills.
- Understanding and practice of formative assessment strategies.
- Strategies to plan for learners on IEPs.
- Knowledge of BC Ministry prescribed learning standards and current resources.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Able to cultivate and maintain relationships with students, staff members, parents, and the community;
- Willing to work collaboratively with students, staff, parents, and community organizations to enhance student achievement;
- Supportive of project based and/or inquiry based teaching and learning environments.
- Willing to incorporate aspects of SEAS (Supporters of Emerging Aboriginal Stewards) into classroom curricula. http://www.emergingstewards.org
- Knowledgeable about the role of technology in supporting learning.
- Evidence of exemplary teaching experience with elementary grades.
- Committed to engaging children in extra-curricular activities.
- Innovative ideas and experience in developing and supporting a positive, safe and caring school climate.
* Competitive salary and benefits
* Subsidized furnished accommodation
* Relocation allowance
* Signing bonus
* Two return airfares to Vancouver per school year
* Bonus sick day package
The Application Process: For more information please contact Maryann Gladstone at 250 957-8070 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include an updated resume, copy of current BC College of Teacher's certificate, a copy of official transcripts indicating degree(s) earned, current teaching or practicum reports, and three current professional references, with permission for the search committee to contact each in confidence. Successful completion of a Criminal Record Search is required.