* BC Teacher Certification
* Meet criteria as outlined in Qualifications for Teaching Positions in GVSD #61
* Master's Degree or Diploma in Education of Visually Impaired
* End Date: March 31/24 OR Return of Incumbent (may be extended)
* Support K-12 students who are blind or have low vision.
* Share in development and implementation of IEPs with Learning Resource teachers and classroom teachers.
* Provide IEP progress data and complete required documentation for audit purposes.
* Assist teachers in understanding needs and learning characteristics of students with visual impairments and their inclusion into the classroom environment and learning activities.
* Interpret students' visual impairments and implications (based on assessment documentation provided) and determine level of support needed.
* Provide consultation and assistance to teachers and other school staff regarding curriculum and classroom activities that require adaptation and planning for ongoing assessment and instruction.
* Provide low vision aids and instruction in skills for use.
* Provide instruction in braille, as required, and visual skills.
* Work with Educational Assistant - Braille, Orientation & Mobility Specialists and other educational partners.
* Share resources and educational information with parents.
* Collaborate with other district staff including District Learning Support teachers, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Physical Therapists and Psychologists to support teachers and students.