POSTED May 24, 2023
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2023 at 1:00 pm
COMPETITION # 2023-21
Part-time Term (.375 FTE) position
Rockridge Secondary School
Effective September 5, 2023 until June 30, 2024
Required Qualifications and Experience
A part time position (.375 FTE) teaching Junior and Senior Spanish. The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of appropriate qualifications and experience in teaching Spanish:
- Solid understanding of the Ministry of Education Core Competencies, Big Ideas, and Learning Standards for Spanish;
- Ability to incorporate First People’s Principles of Learning into lesson planning and course content;
- Ability to evaluate and report on student progress using Ministry of Education proficiency scales and IB MYP assessment standards and practices;
- A willingness to work collaboratively with the IB MYP Coordinator and other classroom teachers to authentically develop IB MYP units of study;
- A commitment to and demonstrated experience using and integrating technology into the curriculum;
- An ability to use a variety of teaching and learning strategies that can accommodate the learning needs of all types of learners;
- A proven ability to develop a positive learning environment in the classroom and evidence of strong organization and classroom management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Hold a valid BC Teaching Certificate.
Why West Vancouver Schools?
West Vancouver Schools, the premier place for learning, has a long-held reputation for excellence and innovation. Our motto endorses our vision that we aspire to provide the finest educational experience in the country – for our children, our employees, our community and our world. We support this vision in the work we do, and the drive to be the first and best is clear, both inside and outside the organization.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.