New Westminster Schools Job Opportunity
Casual/On-call Noon Hour Supervisors
Reports to the Principal or designate
- Supervises designated areas during the lunch hour to ensure the safety and well-being of the students, including ensuring safe playing habits and promoting acceptable behaviour
- Ensures students remain on school property
Reports injuries and behavioural problems to the Principal or designate
- Performs related duties as required
Grade 12 graduation preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with staff and students
- Good interpersonal, decision making, behaviour management and communication skills
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
- Good general health
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather
- Knowledge of first aid an asset
Hours of Work & Salary:
Casual/on-call shifts are 1 hour per day, Monday - Friday, while school is in session
- Short-term assignments may also be available
- Casual employment may lead to a regular position in the district
- Noon Hour Supervisor rate is $25.27 per hour
To apply for this position, click on the APPLY ONLINE button. Please include your resume, including copies of certificates or diplomas and references..
School District No. 40 (New Westminster) is an equal opportunity employer.
Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Search is a legislated requirement.
About New Westminster Schools
Serving the community of New Westminster, the New Westminster School District provides high quality educational programs to over 7,000 students in a variety of learning environments. New Westminster is in the center of Metro Vancouver between the larger communities of Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey, and Richmond. Despite its location the city is relatively small and has retained a strong sense of history and community. The total population is approximately 82,000 and expected to grow to 104,000 by 2041. District schools are in general, fully subscribed, and a steady increase in student enrolment is expected over the next ten years.
New Westminster School District has a rich tapestry of cultures, backgrounds and needs.
Together, we are a caring, inclusive, and committed learning community dedicated to supporting each of our unique learners.
The New Westminster School District recognizes and acknowledges the Qayqayt First Nation, as well as all Coast Salish peoples, on whose traditional and unceded territories we live, we learn, we play and we do our work.
New Westminster Schools welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email to email@example.com.