POSTED May 24, 2023
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2023 at 1:00 pm
COMPETITION # 2023-16
Fulltime (1.0 FTE) Temporary position
(This position replaces a teacher on a leave of absence)
Sentinel Secondary School
Effective September 5, 2023 to June 30, 2024
Required Qualifications and Experience
A full-time Counsellor position, including Jr. and/or Sr. Counseling, and Career Life Connections 12, is available at Sentinel Secondary School. The successful candidate must have:
- A completed Masters level degree in school counselling, counselling psychology or equivalent
- Recent demonstrated experience as a secondary counsellor working with students in grades 8 - 12
- A current and valid BC Ministry of Education Professional Certificate of Qualification
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge working with students, both individually and in groups, in the solution of personal problems related to home and family, health, education, and emotional adjustment.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with writing and implementing behavioral plans and IEP’s
- Demonstrated ability to work with community agencies and health care professionals to coordinate services, have training in Suicide Risk Assessment, Threat Assessment, and Critical Incident Response
- Commitment to and demonstrated experience using and integrating technology with counselling related duties.
- Prior experience and/or formal training in working with “at-risk” students preferred
- A commitment to and successful experience working collaboratively in a team setting
- Ability to work with teachers in a variety of settings
- Strong knowledge of graduation requirements, super achievers and graduation transitions curriculum
- Strong understanding of course programming, technology and the use of student information systems
Why West Vancouver Schools?
West Vancouver Schools, the premier place for learning, has a long-held reputation for excellence and innovation. Our motto endorses our vision that we aspire to provide the finest educational experience in the country – for our children, our employees, our community and our world. We support this vision in the work we do, and the drive to be the first and best is clear, both inside and outside the organization.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.