School District No. 22 (Vernon) is looking for causal Early Childhood Educators (ECE's).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed post-secondary certificate or diploma as an Early Childhood Educator.
- Valid Childsafe First Aid certificate.
- Clear criminal record check and up to date immunizations as required by the Child Care Licensing Regulation.
- Current Early Childhood Educator’s Certificate to Practice from the the BC Government’s ECE Registry.
- A minimum of three years of recent experience within a licensed child care setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the BC Early Learning Framework and the Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care Framework.
- Experience creating, organizing, planning and implementing an early learning program.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong communication skills (verbal, written and electronic formats) and ability to work as part of a team with colleagues, parents and children.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills, ability to work with minimal supervision.
Casual Early Childhood Educators are called out to cover many positions in the district and the rate of pay is dependent upon the position that you are replacing.
This position is unionized, CUPE Local 5523.
While all applicants will be considered, preference will be given to qualified applicants who self-declare Indigenous ancestry.