Pythagoras Academy is an exceptional co-educational independent school for students Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8. Our school prides itself on a unique educational philosophy which champions the role of the Fine Arts. We believe in encouraging creativity in our students and consider it to be one of the most valuable and transferable core skills.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop student learning that incorporates the BC Curriculum,
- Provide coverage for teachers that are ill or away from school.
- Create a safe and caring classroom environment
- BC Teaching Certificate (or application stage)
- Bachelor’s degree in education
- Strong communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Strong work ethic and professional commitment
- Excellence in interpersonal skills
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident
As an educator, you embody these qualities:
- Passion : you deeply enjoy the craft of educating, your focus is on inspiring your students.
- Technical knowledge : you are knowledgeable about how to help students to gain skills and a deeper understanding of concepts.
- Curiosity : you are a naturally curious person and you help to foster curiousity in your students.
- Innovation : your planning involves novel and engaging methods of instruction.
- Social Emotional intelligence: you are skilled at teaching in a way that helps students to feel safe to be themselves and to develop confidence.