Posting #: S-2023-068 PERMANENT
Position: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
Location: Forest Grove Elementary
10 mos., 08.00 hours/week.
Duration: Effective September 5, 2023.
Rate of Pay: Level 1: 28.35
Level 2: 31.48
- completion of a recognized Early Childhood Educator Certificate or Diploma
- Community Care Facilities Branch BC License or Certificate to Practice
- A valid Child Safe First Aid Certificate
- Experience and/or training working with groups of children in a school or other educational setting
- Ability to work one-on-one with parents and children in a Pre-Kindergarten setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information seen or heard
- Ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with the public, students, teachers, principals, and other employees of the Board
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of the Director of Instruction, the successful applicant will be responsible for operating a Strong Start Program
- Develop activities to address various social, emotional and curriculum needs
- Plan, set up and facilitiate programs involving literarcy, numeracy, art, science, music and physical activities to include children of a wide range of ages, from infants to 5 year olds
- Respond to information and resource requests from parents and care providers
- Other duties as assigned
Fringe benefits are as provided in the current Union Agreement. Union membership is a condition of employment.
New applicants are encouraged to submit a comprehensive resume, including 3 work-related references, via email to email@example.com.
Alternatively, submissions may also be dropped off or mailed to the following address:
School District 27 Administration Office
350 2nd Avenue North
Williams Lake, BC V2G 1Z9
School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin) is an equal opportunity employer.