An employee who, under direction of Principal or Site Supervisor performs a variety of administrative/financial and clerical duties. The nature of this position will require the Secretary to work in a stressful environment with constant interruptions and minimal supervision while meeting deadlines.
1. Possess a recognized Office Administration program certificate from a post secondary institution or equivalent business training institute. External applicants must have two (2) years recent previous experience in an office environment.
2. Training and demonstrated competence in the use of various computer programs, word processing, spreadsheets, and data bases is essential.
3. Familiarity with equipment, associated hardware and software used by the district. Training will be provided by the district.
4. Minimum of 50 words per minute typing with accuracy.
5. Exercises initiative, independent judgment and discretion. In the absence of the Principal or Site Supervisor must be able to make appropriate decisions and choices in a variety of situations and emergencies involving students, teachers, parents and the public.
6. May direct work to others as part of job duties.
7. Performs accounting duties related to the maintenance of trust accounts, petty cash and school/site budgets.
8. Works as part of a team, maintaining a professional attitude and confidentiality in working relationships with all school personnel, students, parents and the public.
9. Works independently and manages time effectively with excellent organizational skills.
10. Follows School District and school/site policies, procedures, rules, regulations and guidelines.
11. Handles reception duties and deal with the public courteously.
12. Must have understanding and knowledge of safe work practices.
13. Perform other job related duties as may be assigned
1. Work is indoors in clean, well-lighted and heated buildings.
2. Work can be stressful as there are time pressures and constant interruptions.
3. Will face a variety of situations requiring decision making and action in accordance with protocols prescribed by the Principal or Site Supervisor.
*While we thank you for your interest in working with our students, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
*If you are experiencing any technical issues with your application process to contact Make A Future's customer service line as HR cannot upload or assist with these types of issues. We also cannot accept documents via email such as cover letters/resumes/transcripts/teaching reports via email as they do need to be part of the employee's Make a Future profile.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Human Resources Advisor, Brittany Deuling, at 250-505-7061 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School District 8 supports equity hiring for Indigenous applicants.