The Burnaby School District is currently recruiting for the position of a Casual Education Assistant III (EAIII).
EAIII’s are specifically trained to work with students diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). They interact with the Burnaby School District support staff and community professionals to assist in:
• Plan, implement, and review of Individual Education Plans for students
• Positive behaviour support & safety plans
• Reinforce the educational program by tutoring, adapting, or modifying classroom materials to
meet the specialized needs of students with ASD
• Assist students with ASD in acquiring skills in the area of communication and language
development, behaviour and social skills
• Completion of a recognized program in special needs assistance
• Completion of a certificate/diploma whose primary focus is on empirically supported approaches
to supporting children with ASD or an equivalent certification
• One thousand (1,000) hours home team/Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) training and work
experience documented by a Professional Consultant
• Thorough knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and characteristics of effective
interventions such as Applied Behaviour Analysis (Principles of Reinforcement, Discreet Trial Training, Task Analysis, natural environment teaching, incidental teaching and pivotal response training)
If you are passionate about supporting students to succeed and pride yourself in promoting an inclusive environment, we want to hear from you!
This position pays $33.07/hour.
Please submit a complete application package, which includes your cover letter, resume, certificate of completion (or transcripts) for program in special needs assistance, and letters confirming your 1,000 hours under a Certified Board Consultant.
The Burnaby School District values inclusion and embraces diversity as a strength. Our goal is for all individuals to feel a sense of belonging in a safe, supportive and welcoming community. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Indigenous, Black, people of colour, all genders, LGBTQ2+ and persons with disabilities.
Successful completion of a criminal record search is a legislated requirement and will be completed upon hire. We thank all applicants for this position, however, only those individuals under consideration will be contacted.