Assignments include: Full Time, Regular position, Monday - Friday, day shift. Full Time, Temporary position to June 30, 2023, Monday - Friday, day shift.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or designate, you will respond to the repair and maintenance needs of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and associated controls throughout the School District. We service over 40 sites,
Your education and Experience
- High school graduation or the equivalent
- Must possess a valid BC or Interprovincial Trade Certification as a HVAC/Refrigeration Technician or refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Must possess a valid BC Gas B Ticket. Gas A ticket is preferred
- Two years experience in HVAC/R and DDC within the past five years
- Current knowledge of commercial heating, ventilation and computer controlled energy management systems
- Physical capability to perform the job duties
- Competent in the use and care of tools and equipment common to this trade
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver's License
- $35.45 per hour until July 1, 2023 when the wage increases to $37.28 plus a cost of living allowance . The full time position includes a comprehensive benefits and pension package that should not be overlooked.
Why work with Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools
- Benefit from excellent benefits and a supportive work environment that values teamwork and personal growth
- Join a dynamic and passionate team of over 2,300 professionals committed to educating nearly 15,000 students
- Enjoy a desirable location with the best climate in Canada, surrounded by beautiful wilderness and excellent recreational and cultural amenities
- Access to all of Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands, and the Lower Mainland
How to apply
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a cover letter, personal resume, and any applicable tickets/certifications. Contact information for two professional references from current or former employers will be required following interview. Read the full job description here https://webdocs.sd68.bc.ca/documents/hvac-r-technician-177.
This job posting will remain open until a successful candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For questions or assistance with the application process, please email us at email@example.com
Join us in Nanaimo and experience the best of work, live, and play on Vancouver Island. Learn more about our district at www.sd68.bc.ca.
Please note: Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
If you have questions or require assistance with this application
process, please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1
866 806 6851 or firstname.lastname@example.org