School District 69 (Qualicum) is seeking applications for Spare Education Assistants
An employee in this classification performs routine tasks and/or specific personal and/or instructional support for special needs student(s). Education Assistants may be required to supervise special needs student(s) during the school’s noon hour and may be requested in order of seniority, or required, in reverse order of seniority, to perform general student supervision duties during the school's noon hour break. Education Assistants always work under the supervision of professional staff.
REQUIRED ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. An Education Assistant and Community Support Program certificate or diploma from a recognized
institution, including Introduction to Autism Course (30 hours) from the Provincial Outreach
Program for Autism and Related Disorders (POPARD), or equivalent.
2. Ability to follow directions and work as a member of the educational team.
3. Ability to work effectively with student(s).
4. A minimum of (6) six months successful experience working in a related field.
5. Training and/or experience in using technology to support student(s) learning.
6. Valid Emergency First Aid Certificate.
7. Specialized curricular knowledge may be required, e.g. high-school level math and /or science,
working knowledge of shops, and/or fluency in a second language.