Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to over 23,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. We invite applications for the position of:
CABINET MAKER (JOINER)
This is full time continuing position starting as soon as possible, working 40 hours per week at a wage rate of $33.22 per hour, plus a comprehensive employee benefit package including extended health and dental coverage, short term and long term disability insurance and participation in a defined benefit pension plan.
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations or designate, this position will construct, repair and install a variety of cabinets and furniture. This position will from time to time involve general carpentry work. This position may be required to start work at various project locations.
Successful applicants will have:
- completed Grade 12;
- a B.C. or Inter-provincial Cabinet Maker (Joiner) Red Seal Certification;
- commercial/institutional construction and maintenance experience;
- demonstrated training and work experience in current BC construction/maintenance safety requirements and WorkSafeBC Regulation relating to the trade and industry;
- proven ability to interpret and create plans, sketches and pecs as they relate to trade area;
- a valid B.C. Drivers License;
- to complete SD23 online safety training.
Applicants will be expected to:
- possess the physical condition and health to carry out the required duties of this position;
- maintain good interpersonal skills;
- have good verbal and written communication skills;
- be able to work alone or in a team environment with minimum supervision;
- be a self starter.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.makeafuture.ca with cover letter and a detailed resume, including three (3) professional references (names and phone numbers) and copies of your trade certificate(s) and Driver’s License.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.