St. James Catholic School is located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley of British Columbia. The school en-rolls approximately 180 students from Kindergarten to Grade Seven.
For the 2020 - 2021 school year, we are seeking a skilled, qualified candidate to join our team as a 1.0 FTE Teacher, with a Grade 7 teaching assignment. This position provides coverage for a teacher on a leave of absence, commencing September 1, 2020 – May 3, 2021, with the possibility of extension up to and including the end of the school year June 30, 2021.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• active membership in a Catholic parish
• commitment to excellence in Catholic education
• prior teaching experience in elementary classrooms
• experience using innovative teaching methods in both primary and intermediate classrooms, that may include remote learning experiences
• the ability to be flexible when faced with the ever-shifting needs of today’s
• a genuine sense of joy in teaching and learning
• experience teaching students and working alongside other staff in a diverse and dynamic classroom setting
• the ability to adapt learning opportunities to meet the needs of students
• a valid TRB certification
• the desire to provide leadership of extracurricular activities
For further information about the position, please contact Paul Rossetti at 250-542-4081 or at
Interested EXTERNAL candidates should submit:
• a cover letter noting their experience, commitment to and philosophy of Catholic education;
• a CISKD Teacher application form along with its required supportive documentation; and,
• a Confidential Pastoral Reference Form, partially completed by a Catholic pastor for all Teacher applicants.
The CISKD Teacher application form and Confidential Pastoral Reference Form may be retrieved from www.ciskd.ca/careers . Please note that the Confidential Pastoral Reference Form is sent directly from the pastor to firstname.lastname@example.org . Completed applications with supporting documentation shall be submitted electronically in one PDF file to the CISKD Superintendent of Schools, Ms. H. Paluck, at email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.