Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a
community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and
skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000
Assistant Building Engineer 1 (ABE 1)
The Vancouver Board of Education invites applications for the
Assistant Building Engineering 1 position, which mostly involves cleaning and
some heating duties on the afternoon shift. Strong communication skills
and the ability to work independently and as a team member are
The job is 7.5 hours per day, with an annual salary of $48,879.74 plus an extensive
and comprehensive benefits plan (including Extended Health, Dental, Municipal Pension Plan, etc).
Between September and June, the job is generally an afternoon
shift from 2:30-10:30 pm and includes a shift allowance. During July and
August, the work is during the day.
- Completion of
- A valid Power Engineer 4th or 5th Class or Boiler
Operator Certificate with Inter-Provincial Certification or higher
Your application profile must include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Email and phone contact of 3 References (Supervisors only)
- Scanned copy of
your Power Engineering/Boiler Operator Certificate
**This posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding an interview**
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
1. If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.”
2. Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
3. You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.
If you have any difficulties applying through the Make a Future website, then please email your resume, cover letter, and scanned copy of your 4th or 5th class power engineering/boiler operator certificate to Michelle Peacock, VSB Recruitment (email@example.com)