ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - CASUAL
COMPETITION NO #28-147
There are casual positions available for Administrative Assistants with the District. Applications must be completed online and will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the positions are filled.
Reporting to the Administrative Officer(s) or Supervisor, this position is responsible for record keeping, reception and clerical duties.
Hours of Work: On an as needed basis
Duties to Commence: As soon as possible after hiring
Work Year Base: Ten (10) months per year
Commencing Salary: $24.07
Duties to be assigned include:
- Organizes work ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Maintains a variety of files pertaining to administration, District schools, personnel, students etc.
- Maintain and update student records such as registration forms, permanent record cards, class lists, transfers and monthly attendance.
- Performs reception duties, such as dealing with students, parents/guardians and staff, receiving visitors, handling general inquiries, handling incoming and outgoing mail, answering and redirecting incoming calls and relaying messages.
- Performs a wide variety of word processing and other computerized tasks.
- Monitors school/department accounts and ensures that invoices are accurate, properly coded and authorized; issues payments and receipts, records, collects and deposits monies and reconciles monthly bank statements. Maintains and balances petty cash as needed. Maintains Principal's Trust Account as needed.
- Maintains accounts receivable, prepares invoices, records payments received and reconciles outstanding invoices on a monthly basis
- Schedules appointments and makes travel arrangements as required
- Completes Ministry and District forms for submission as required under the direction of the Administrative Officer(s) or Supervisor.
- Assists with the organization of meetings and similar functions. May be asked to attend meetings in order to record and transcribe minutes.
- Assists in arranging for and maintaining records for staff positions in the event of absence or illness.
- Handles registrations for course offerings for teacher professional development.
- Performs minor first aid as required.
- Performs other job related duties as directed by Administrative Officer(s) or Supervisor.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- Up to 2 years of recent (within 5 years) experience preferred
- Word processing and computer skills
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to manage difficult conversations in a professional manner
- Must meet clerical typing (40 w.p.m.) and other standards set by the School District. The whole of the results of the testing will be considered in the hiring process
- Ability to work independently and set priorities
- W.H.M.I.S. Certificate and other online safety training provided by the District to be completed within the probationary period
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to be an integral part of a team
- Must be able to pass a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Search conducted by the District prior to starting employment
PLEASE NOTE: Proof of graduation and or highest level of education is required prior to commencing work
For more information please contact:
Colleen Stewart, Executive Assistant HR CUPE (250)262-6008 or email email@example.com
All applications must be made through Make A Future for consideration for the position. If you require any assistance with the online application process please contact Colleen Stewart at 250-262-6008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.