COMPETITION NO #26-148
There is a position available for a Secretary at Learning Services. Applications will be accepted online via the website until 12:00 pm noon on August 26, 2020. If you require assistance with the online process please contact Colleen Stewart 250-262-6008.
Reporting to the Principal(s), this position is responsible for record keeping, reception duties, and other assorted clerical functions. This position requires a strong ability to communicate positively and effectively with the public within a constantly evolving work environment.
Duties to be assigned include:
- Organize work ensuring deadlines are met
- Maintains a variety of files pertaining to administration, district schools, personnel, students etc.
- Maintains and updates student records such as registration forms, permanent record cards, class lists, transfers and attendance
- Performs reception duties, such as dealing with students, parents and staff, receiving visitors, handling general inquiries, handling incoming and outgoing mail, answering and redirecting incoming calls and relaying messages
- Perform a wide variety of word processing and data management tasks
- Monitors school/department accounts and ensures that invoices are accurate, properly coded and authorized; issues cheques and receipts, records, collects and deposits monies and reconciles monthly bank statements. Maintains and balances petty cash as needed. Maintains Principal's Trust Account as needed
- Maintains accounts receivable, prepares invoices, records payments received and reconciles outstanding invoices on a monthly basis
- Schedules appointments and makes travel arrangements as required
- Completes Ministry and District forms for submission as required under the direction of the Principal or Supervisor
- Assists with the organization of meetings and similar functions. May be asked to attend meetings in order to record and transcribe minutes
- Assists in arranging for and maintaining records for non-teaching and teaching staff positions in the event of absence or illness
- Handles registrations for course offerings for teacher professional development
- Performs minor first aid as required
- Manage tracking of resources to/from students including requesting return of resources
- Performs other job related duties as directed by Supervisor
Hours of Work: Twenty one (21) hrs/week
Duties to Commence: As soon as possible after closing
Work Year Base: Ten (10) months per year
Commencing Salary: $25.08
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalency
- Up to 2 years of previous experience preferred
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Demonstrated high degree of accuracy with data and accounting tasks
- Word processing and computer skills
- Must meet clerical typing (50 w.p.m.) and other standards set by the School District
- Availability, with adequate notice, to attend training/job shadowing in April, May, and June is an asset
- May require a Level 1 First Aid Certificate
PLEASE NOTE: Proof of graduation and or highest level of education is required prior to commencing work
A Criminal Records Search must be completed through the Administration Office prior to employees starting any position in the District. The successful applicant will be required to successfully complete online training courses as part of the probation process.
For more information, please contact:
Charmaine Chretien - District Principal (250) 262-6098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keith McGillivray - District Principal (250) 262-6098 or email email@example.com
Tracey Sawchuk - District Vice Principal (250) 262-6098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.